The Visit Sunshine Coast Code of Conduct outlines professional guidelines to ensure Visit Sunshine Coast Members enhance the Sunshine Coast tourism experience, contribute positively to the community and at all times protect the Sunshine Coast’s reputation as a world class destination.
Visit Sunshine Coast Members are expected:
- To act professionally with a duty of care, safety and concern towards other Visit Sunshine Coast Members, customers and the community.
- To deliver with integrity all advertised products and services and meeting all legal responsibilities. To comply with the laws of Australia and to ensure all contracts and terms of business are clear, concise and honoured in full.
- Ensure all dealings are ethical and fair.
- To speak and act respectfully and not to denigrate or slander anyone or discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religious belief, sexual orientation or political persuasion.
- To ensure claims in advertising and marketing a product or service are true, and never misleading or exaggerated and are not negative about another member’s product or service.
- To consider the interests of local communities and ensure that the impact of their businesses on the Sunshine Coast’s community life and environment are positive and beneficial.
- To manage their businesses effectively and efficiently, enhancing the reputation of Sunshine Coast and to respond and resolve customer complaints in a timely and courteous manner and to improve businesses processes and policies when necessary.
- To operate a humane, safe, healthy and satisfying working environment for staff, customers and the public.
- To manage all staff/employees fairly and equitably at all times.
- To operate businesses guided by the environmental best practice guidelines, conserving water, energy and the natural environment. Business operations must balance the rights of the future generations with current economic needs, preserving and improving the Sunshine Coast’s quality of life.
- To be ambassadors for tourism on the Sunshine Coast and help promote community understanding of the importance of tourism as a vibrant contributor to the Sunshine Coast’s economy and quality of life.
- To always act with the highest ethical integrity and not misuse authority or office for personal gain when serving on the Visit Sunshine Coast Board or associate committees.