With a large tourism industry and the predominance of small enterprises on the Sunshine Coast, Visit Sunshine Coast (VSC) understands the need to assist the industry in the development of their individual business.
Industry forecasts indicate by the year 2030 tourism will be the largest global industry, further supporting the need for education and training and to proactively meet the diverse demands of this growth into the future.
VSC offers training workshops and programs, often in conjunction with bodies such as Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) and Queensland Tourism Industry COuncil (QTIC). The programs are designed to assist operators in acquiring the skills and knowledge required for businesses to prosper. The workshops are heavily subsidised by VSC and are open for non-members as well.
Industry events and workshops are a benefit of VSC membership allowing our members to gain valuable insights from Visit Sunshine Coast staff, special guest speakers and industry experts
[tribe_events view=”photo” category=”industry-workshops”]
External training and education
Many schools offer tourism and hospitality training and education on the Sunshine Coast. Some of these courses can be found at the following institutions:
University of the Sunshine Coast
- University Sunshine Coast programs offered by discipline
- University Sunshine Coast Bachelor of Business (Tourism, Leisure and Event Management)
- University Sunshine Coast Diploma of Event Management/Bachelor of Business
- University Sunshine Coast Diploma of Hospitality Management/Bachelor of Business
Sunshine Coast TAFE
- TAFE Queensland East Coast tourism courses
- TAFE Queensland East Coast hospitality courses
- Business support tools
The links below provide relevant resources and up to date information that can be used to assist tourism businesses.
- TAFE Queensland
- Department of Education and Training
- Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- Queensland Tourism Industry Council – Workforce Development
- Queensland Tourism Industry Council – Skills Link
- Tourism Queensland – Resource Centre
- Training Queensland
For further information contact
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 61 (0) 7 5458 8800